Seasonal, Plant-Based Living: Raw Creamy Tomato Soup
- Simple Base & Endlessly Flexible
- Great for Easy Entertaining with Maximal Nutrients
- Make Next Level Raw Soups with the Build A Smart Pantry Class. Ask for details!
PREP TIME: 5 min
TOTAL TIME: 10 min
SERVINGS: 1 serving
EQUIPMENT: High Horsepower Blender & Microplane
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove
- ¼ cup of pre-soaked* cashews or sunflower seeds
- ½ cup water for blending soup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes- don’t blend, reserve as garnish
- Robust, Lusty Soup: add 1 full sundried tomato slice per person to increase intensity
- Garlic or Tomato Oils
- Chili Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
Tip: This soup can easily be made without nuts or seeds. Ask us how!
- Soak* your cashews or sunflower seeds overnight in a large bowl of water, using a ratio of 2 to 1. For this recipe (1 serving), use a ¼ cup cashews to a ½ cup of soaking water. After soaking, drain and rinse.
- Put all ingredients (except 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes) in a high-speed blender and until smooth and creamy. For a warm soup, blend longer.
- Upon serving, garnish with reserved diced tomatoes, your favorite sprouts, or other toppings.