Savory Bloody Eyeballs (Halloween Snack)
Recipe by Chef Nina
1 10-oz. pkg. whole button mushrooms, stems removed and set aside for other purposes.
1/2 block extra-firm tofu, drained, broken into chunks
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Sliced olives, for garnish
Sriracha or other hot sauce, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Purée the tofu, garlic, lemon juice, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth. Place the mixture into a piping bag or a large sandwich bag with the corner cut off.
- Pipe the mixture into each mushroom cap, filling to the top. Place an olive slice on top.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the mushroom caps start to wrinkle.
- Drizzle with Sriracha (or your fav hot sauce) for a spooky touch.
- Best served in pairs, like a pair of eyes!
Tip: For easiest baking and traveling, bake these, placing one mushroom inside each compartment of a mini-muffin tin. These will travel brilliantly to your next party!